Unit 8 lớp 12: The world of work – Looking back
1. Listen to the following exchanges and underline the stressed words. Then practise them with a partner, using the correct sentence stress. (Nghe trao đổi sau đây và gạch dưới những từ nhấn mạnh. Sau đó luyện tập chúng với một người bạn, sử dụng nhấn mạnh câu đúng.)
1. A: Do you think communication skills are really important?
B: Well, some people think they aren’t important, but, in fact, they are.
2. A: Can people without a university degree apply for this job?
B: Yes, they can.
3. A: Should I ask my brother to help me to write the CV?
B: Yes, certainly you should.
4. A: You haven’t been shortlisted for the interview.
B: I have been shortlisted for it.
1. Underline the correct word in each sentence. (Gạch dưới từ đúng trong mỗi câu.)
|1. adverts||2. relevant||3. tailor|
|4. candidates||5. employee|
1. Turn the following sentences into repor speech, using the reporting verbs in the box. (Chuyển các câu sau đây sang câu tường thuật, sử dụng các động từ tường thuật trong hộp.)
1. Mike asked Mira how long it would take her to finish writing her CV.
2. Mira informed him that she would need another two hours.
3. Mike encouraged/urged her to try and finish it by 4 p.m. so that she could come and watch the football match.
4. Mira exclaimed that that would give her only an hour.
5. Mike urged her to write it quickly.
6. Mira refused to leave the house before 4 p.m. because she wanted to write a very impressive CV.
7. Mike complained that she never came and saw him play.
8. Mira promised to come to his match/that she would come to his next match.