Unit 8 lớp 12: The world of work – Language
1. The words in the left column are from the conversation in GETTING STARTED. Match them with the appropriate definitions in the right column. (Những từ trong cột bên trái là từ cuộc trò chuyện trong GETTING STARTED. Nối chúng với các định nghĩa thích hợp trong cột bên phải.)
|1. d||2. a||3. b||4. e||5. c|
2. Complete the text with the correct form of the words in 1. (Hoàn thành văn bản với hình thức đúng của từ trong 1.)
|1. apply||2. relevant||3. qualifications|
|4. recruited||5. probation|
1. Listen and repeat the sentences, paying attention to the stressed words. (Nghe và lặp lại các câu, chú ý đến những từ nhấn mạnh.)
1. I’ll help you to write the CV if I can.
2. We would send you the application if we could.
3. Her mother can’t help her with the job application letter, but her sister can.
4. He isn’t interested in that job, but she is.
5. She has the right skills to do the job, and he does too.
6. A: You can’t work under time pressure.
B: I can work undertime pressure.
7. I couldn’t write a CV two years ago, but I can write one now.
1. Rewrite the sentences in reported speech, using the appropriate verbs from the box in the correct tense. (Viết lại câu ở dạng gián tiếp, bằng cách sử dụng động từ thích hợp từ hộp vào đúng thì.)
1.Our teacher told us to study hard for the final exams.
2.The job applicant asked if the company provided computers for all employees.
3.The career adviser advised us to develop our communication and planning skills.
4.My mother offered to find information about short courses on organisational skills for me.
2. Complete the sentences, reporting what was said. (Hoàn thiện các câu, tường thuật những điều được nói đến.)
1.The monitor invited me to see him play in a football match.
2.The applicant asked the head of the human resources department to tell him what skills he needed in order to get that job.
3.My friend offered to find more information about the company that I was applying to.
4.His father encouraged him to apply for the job.
5.He complained to his friends about the terrible working conditions at that factory.
6.She refused to tell me what the director’s salary was because that information was confidential.