Unit 3: The green movement – Language
1. Put the following lifestyle choices in the appropriate box. (Đặt lựa chọn lối sống sau đây vào ô thích hợp.)
|Green activities||Environmentally unfriendly activities|
|2. Walk whenever and wherever possible.
3. Turn off your electric appliances when you do not use them.
5. Take short showers instead of long baths.
7. Turn off your computer or put it on sleep mode when you do not use it.
8. Start growing an organic vegetable garden.
9. Clean surfaces with natural products like lemon juice and olive oil.
|1. Set your printer’s default to one-sided printing.
4. Ask your parents to buy you a motorcycle for convenient travelling.
6. Ask your parents to get you a new mobile phone immediately after the latest model comes out.
10. Take part in deforestation and hunting activities.
2. Work in pairs. Complete the conversation using the lifestyle choices in 1 and the reasons in the box. (Làm việc theo cặp. Hoàn thành cuộc trò chuyện bằng cách sử dụng lựa chọn lối sống trong phần 1 và những lý do trong hộp.)
Kevin: Mai, what do you think are green activities at home?
Mai: I’m no expert, but I think that we should take short showers instead of long baths.
Kevin: Can you tell me more about it?
Mai: Well, the main reason for this is to save electricity water and other non-renewable energy resources.
Kevin: I totally agree with you and I think we shouldn’t ask our parents to buy us motorcycles for convenient travelling since it is environmentally unfriendly. Just let me explain. Avoiding using these veh icles wil I help reduce traffic congestion and air pollution, which causes global warming and health problems.
Mai: Yes, I totally agree with you. I think everybody should be better aware of green lifestyles that help protect the environment.
3. Work in groups of four. Think of a green activity and discuss how it will benefit the environment. Compare your activity with other groups. (Làm việc trong nhóm bốn người. Hãy nghĩ về một hoạt động xanh và thảo luận nó sẽ có lợi thế nào cho môi trường. So sánh hoạt động của bạn với các nhóm khác.)