Unit 3: The green movement – Looking back
1. Listen and underline the sounds that are assimilated. (Lắng nghe và gạch dưới các phát âm được đồng hóa.)
1. This is the best book on environmental issues.
2. We believe that both sides should focus more on energy-saving projects.
3. We’ll make the earth a green planet.
4. Wind power produces no greenhouse gas emissions during operation.
5. Bio-fuels are obtained from biodegradable plant material.
2. Listen and complete the sentences. (Nghe và hoàn thành câu.)
1. Fresh green beans provide lots of valuable nutrients.
2. Sustainability is the key element in modern town planning.
3. I got food poisoning after eating vegetables sprayed with pesticides.
4. The goal of Great Britain foundation is to create new wildlife habitats.
5. We started using energy-saving light bulbs.
1. Complete the sentences with the correct form of the words/phrases in the box. (Hoàn thành câu với hình thức đúng của các từ / cụm từ trong hộp.)
|1. disposal of||2. depleted||3. clutter||4. Organic|
|5. combustion||6. Soot particles||7. pathway|
1. Combine the simple sentences into compound sentences, using appropriate conjunctions. (Kết hợp câu đơn giản thành câu ghép, sử dụng liên từ thích hợp.)
1. We read food labels carefully, for we want to buy only organic products.
2. The burning of fossil fuels is the largest source of greenhouse gas emissions and causes air pollution.
3. Shall we organise a tree-planting day or launch a recycling campaign at school?
4. Regular exercise is essential to longevity, but it is not the only factor.
5. Noise pollution can cause stress and psychological problems, so try to spend some peaceful, quiet time in nature.
2. Combine the simple sentences into complex sentences, using the word in brackets. (Kết hợp câu đơn giản thành câu ghép, sử dụng liên từ thích hợp.)
1. If we change our consumption habits, we can reduce our carbon footprint.
2. We should use bicycles instead of cars because this will help reduce exhaust fumes and pollution.
3. When fossil fuels are burned, they emit harmful gas into the environment.
4. Protect the environment where you live.
5. We reuse bags, old clothes and scrap paper at home so that we can reduce waste.
3. Match the simple sentences. Then write complex sentences with which. (Nối các câu đơn giản. Sau đó viết các câu phức tạp với which)
The indoor air quality at school is better now, which has helped students to improve their concentration and test results.
They have cleaned the mould from the walls, which has resulted in fewer asthma attacks.
We keep our school environment clean and green, which has made us very proud.
They have started using more green products, which has brought them some financial and health benefits.
School staff have shown parents different ways to go green, which has had an impact on the entire community.