Unit 3: The green movement – Language
1. Read the conversation in GETTING STARTED again. Match each word or phrase with its meaning. (Đọc cuộc nói chuyện trong GETTING STARTED lần nữa. Nối mỗi từ hoặc cụm từ với ý nghĩa của nó.)
|1. c||2. d||3. b||4. f||5. e||6. a|
|1. pathway||2. mould and mildew||3. asthma||4. dispose of||5. depleted|
1. Listen and repeat. Pay attention to the ending and beginning sounds in red. (Lắng nghe và lặp lại. Hãy chú ý đến những âm thanh kết thúc và bắt đầu màu đỏ.)
2. Listen and repeat the following sentences, attention to the assimilation indicated in bold (Nghe và lặp lại các câu sau đây, chú ý đến việc đồng hóa in đậm đã được chỉ ra.)
1. Can you describe any direct methods monitoring air pollution?
2. Do you discuss any environmental issues your pen pal?
3. Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas produced by the incomplete burning of various fuels.
4. Despite all the environmental activities, the city is losing its fight against pollution.
5. We need a detailed action plan for maintair clean beaches and parks.
1. Which of the following are simple, compound, or complex sentences? Tick the correct box. (Những câu sau đây là câu đơn, câu hỗn hợp, hay câu phức? Đánh dấu vào ô thích hợp.)
|1. Simple||2. Compound||3. Complex|
|4. Simple||5. Complex||6. Complex|
2. Combine the following simple sentences, using the words from the box. (Kết hợp câu đơn giản sau đây, bằng cách sử dụng từ trong hộp.)
1. If we all adopt a green lifestyle, we will help conserve our natural resources.
2. Some foods taste good, but they do not have many nutrients.
3. We should keep the school air clean because this will improve students’ concentration and help them to learn better.
4. Germs can cause infections in parts of our body and can make us feel unwell.
5. When we all start conserving the environment, we can all enjoy better living conditions.
6. Coal, which is still used in a lot of power plants, remains one of the most important energy sources.
3. Combine the following sentences using which. (Kết hợp các câu sử dụng which)
1. The water in this river is seriously polluted, which places some species of native fish in danger of extinction.
2. The air in most classrooms in this school contains a lot of harmful gases, which is very worrying as many young children are studying here.
3. We should all go green by practising the 3Rs: reduce, reuse, and recycle, which is always encouraged by environmentalists.
4. Illegal dumping is strictly prohibited in the town, which has helped to keep our environment clean and green.
5. Young people are starting to practise simple green living, which will help to save our planet for future generations.