Unit 3 lớp 11: Becoming Independent – Looking back SGK trang 40 sách mới
1. Listen and repeat these sentences. Then listen again and link the final consonants and initial vowels. (Nghe và lặp lại những câu này. Sau đó nghe lại và đánh dấu nối các phụ âm cuối với các nguyên âm đầu.)
2. Read the paraghraph below and link ) the final consonants and initial vowels. Then listen and check your answers. (Đọc đoạn văn dưới đây và nôi các phụ âm cuối với các nguyên âm đâu. Sau đó nghe và kiểm tra câu trả lời của bạn.)
Being independent is being able to take care of yourself, and not having to rely on anyone else. That is what many young people strive for. However, the ability to live independently does not develop naturally: you need a number of lifeskills to stod reiving on your parents and older siblings.
1. Complete the sentences with the words in the box. (Hoàn thành các câu sau với các từ trong khung.)
|1. confident.||2. well-informed.||3. determined.||4. decision.|
1. Combine the sentences, using to-infinitives. (Hãy nối các câu lại với nhau, sử dụng động từ nguyên mẫu có to)
1. Denis was happy to receive a letter from his mother.
2. Ann was so lucky to pass the exam.
3. It’s impossible to learn a foreign language in one day.
4. The students are very keen to take part in the “Green Day” activities.
5. It’s necessary for you to develop habits that will keep your body healthy and clean.
6. We are relieved to hear that I lelen is feeling better now.
7. It’s difficult to guess what will happen.
8. It’s important to learn how to get from one place to another.
9. It’s important to learn how to cope with loneliness.
10. Dave was very surprised to receive a birthday gift from an old friend.
2. Rewrite the sentences, using the nouns in brackets and to-infinitives without changing rhe meanings of the sentences. (Viết lại câu, sử dụng danh từ cho trong ngoặc đơn và động từ nguyên mẫu có TO mà không thay đổi nghĩa của câu.)
1. Their goal to win the first prize seems unrealistic.
2. Nobody knew about his dream to become a doctor.
3. Her failure to obey the school rules upset her parents very much.
4. Tania’s ability to speak three foreign languages is amazing.
5. Tom’s attempt lo persuade his parents to allow him to join the club failed.
6. He made an effort to overcome any difficulties by himself.