1. Form compound nouns with the words in the box. Then complete the sentences, using the correct ones. (Hãy tạo ra các danh từ ghép bằng những từ cho trong khung. Sau đó hoàn thành câu với những danh từ ghép thích hợp.)
|1. housework||2. childcare||3. viewpoint||4. grandparents||5.girlfriend|
2. Complete the sentences with correct words from the box. (Hoàn thành câu bằng những từ thích hợp cho trong khung.)
|1. relationship||2. an argument||3. reconciled||4. independent||5. self-reliant|
3. Listen and link the final consonants and initial vowels in the sentences. Then read them aloud. (Nghe và nối các phụ âm cuối với các nguyên âm đâu trong câu. Sau đó đọc to chúng.)
4. Complete these sentences with should / sltouldn’t / ought to ought not to / must mustn’t / have to / has to. ((Hoàn thành câu với should / shouldn’t / ought to / ought not to / must / mustn / have to / has to)
|1. should / ought to||2. shouldn’t / ought not to||3. must / have to||4. mustn’t||5. has to|
5. Rewrite the following sentences to emphasise the underlined parts, using It is / was… that… (Viết lại những câu dưới đây để nhấn mạnh cho những phần gạch dưới, sử dụng cấu trúc It is /was …that…)
1. It was in Greece that the first Olympic Games were held.
2. It was Nam who / that won the first prize in the English speaking contest.
3. It’s a chocolate cake that I am making for my best friend’s birthday party.
4. It was in 1759 that Scotland’s most famous poet Robert Burns was bom.
5. It’s working on a computer that gives me headaches.
6. Write new sentences with a similar meaning. Use the to-infinitive after adjective. (Viết lại thành những câu mới với nghĩa tương tự. Dùng động từ nguyên mầu có to sau tính từ)
1. Our school is quite easy to find.
2. The paragraph is difficult to translate.
3. I am delighted to work for the school library.
4. She was very surprised to see him at the party.
5. I was sorry to hear that your grandma was ill.