Tài liệu giáo án tiếng Anh lớp 1 cả năm theo phân phối chương trình Family and Friends.
|Semester 2 – Week 12||Periods 1-2|
|Objectives: After the lesson, students are able to:
– identify five colours.
– practice the colour words in the form of a chant.
|Topic- Key language||Resources and Materials||Key Activities|
WHAT COLOUR IS IT?
Lessons 1+ 2
GRAMMAR AND SONGS
speaking, listening, reading, writing
red, green, blue, black, white
– What colour is it?
– CD tracks 1, 14, 15
– Class book
– Flower cards with different colours
– Word cards
– 5 large circles on A3-sized paper
– Sheets of coloured paper.
– Word cards
– Small bags with things insides
– Flashcards of colours
|¶Weather Report: Weather songs or chants (“What’s the weather like today?”- the song downloaded from YouTube)
– Teacher asks three questions:
* What’s the day today?
* What’s the month?
* What’s the weather like today?
– Teacher answers each question and asks students to repeat, then writes the date and draws the weather symbol on the board. ( You do not need to ask the students to repeat fluently because they will answer these questions every English lesson)
¶Warm up and review: sing the “Hello” song
Ø Freeze game
– Ask students to stand up.
– Give a series of instructions, e.g. wave, run, jump. Students mime the actions.
– When you say Freeze!, the students must stop what they are doing and stand still.
– The students who are the slowest to stop are out and have to sit down.
– Continue the game until there is one winner left standing or a group of winners if you prefer.
Ø Introduce new vocabulary
– Set a meaningful context to introduce new vocabulary ( Everyone. Let’s go to the garden. Imagine! We are in the garden now. What can you see in the garden?).
– Give a chance to students to think and guess.
– Lead students to the colour of the flowers.
– Use the flower cards with five colours to introduce red, green, blue, black and white.
– Play the recording track 14 for students to listen and point to the pictures in their Class book p. 10, then listen and repeat after the recording.
– Students practice chorally and individually.
Ø Word chain
– Place five coloured word cards on the board in a given sequence, e.g. red, black, green, blue, white, one, two.
– First, point to a student. He/ She says the first word in the sequence, e.g. red.
– Next, point to another student. He/ She says the next word in the sequence, e.g. black.
– Continue with each student saying the next word in the sequence, returning to the beginning when necessary.
* Optional activity: Remove one flashcard. The class repeats the sequence, including the missing word. Remove one more flashcard each time, until students can say the whole sequence from their memory.
Ø Vanishing Flashcards Game
– Place a number of flashcards in front of the students.
– Give them a moment to memorize the pictures and then tell them to close their eyes.
– Take away one of the flashcards and then tell the students to open their eyes again.
– The first student who guesses the missing flashcard correctly can win that flashcard (for 1 point) and takes away another flashcard in the next round.
|Ø Listen and chant
– Play the recording track 15 for students to listen and chant.
– Play the chant the second time for students to say the words. Demonstrate actions for each line of the chant (hold up a crayon with the correct colour). After finishing line 1, clap your hands three times. After line 2, stamp your foot three times. After line 3, tap the desks three times.
– Practice the chant with 3 groups. Each group chants a line and does the appropriate action.
Ø Point and say. Stick the stickers
– Have students open their Class book p. 10.
– Ask students to identify the characters in the picture.
– Point to the coloured bricks and ask students to say the colours.
– Say Let’s stick the stickers. Take the red sticker and show it to the class. Place the sticker on the picture of the red bricks and say red.
– Continue in the same way with the green, blue, black and white stickers.
– Students try to do on their own.
– Go around the class and check.
Ø Color Circles
– Prepare some sheets of A3-sized paper. Draw a large circle and a colour word on each one (blue, red, green, black, white).
– Put the sheets on the classroom walls. ( different places)
– Divide the class into groups.
– Model the activity: Say “blue“. The teacher takes a blue crayon, goes to the ‘blue’ circle and colors a small part of the circle.
– Say “blue”. One student from each group picks up a blue crayon, races to the ‘blue’ circle and continue colouring it then comes back to his/her seat.
– Continue the game with other colours and students.
Ø Introduce the question and answer
– Set a meaningful context to introduce the new vocabulary ( Ms Trang has some crayons. Let’s see. How many crayons?)
– Show 5 crayons with different colours.
– Pick up one and ask What colour is it? And then answer It’s …
– Students continue with …red.
– Do the same way with the four others. But ask students to give a full answer It’s green.
– Swap the roles of asking and answering.
Ø Magic bag
– Students work in groups.
– Each group has a small bag with many different coloured things in it, e.g. pencil, eraser, pen, crayon, etc.
– Students take turns drawing one thing from the bag and ask the rest of the group What colour is it? The rest of the group look at the object and answer It’s …
– Continue this game in the same way until all of students in groups have chances to make questions.
|Ø Color Game
– Arrange many different coloured pieces of paper in a circle.
– Play some music and have the children stand up and move around.
– Stop the music and all the children must sit down (maybe some students are next to colours, maybe some are not).
– Pick a coloured piece of paper and sing (to the tune of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”): “Who’s beside ‘blue’? Please stand up, if it’s you.” At that point, the student who is next to the colour mentioned stands up.
– Continue this game in the same way.
Ø Workbook – p. 10
¶Story time: “In the morning”
a. Signal for story time.
b. Teacher asks students to read aloud 1 sentence that they like best in the story.
c. Teacher reads 1 page of the book.
Download toàn bộ tài liệu: Tại đây