Essential Reading for IELTS
Main features of Essential Reading for IELTS:
Preparation and practice material is organised into three levels: Pre-intermediate, Intermediate and Upper-intermediate. The book consists of 22 units with 52 lessons.
The units in each level are based on topics which frequently appear in the real test.
There are 3 sections in every lesson:
1. Warm-up: This section often takes the form of a discussion question, an interesting proverb, or an anecdote to introduce contexts and motivate the learners.
2. Skill Focus: Essential reading skills, especially those specific to the IELTS test, are introduced through this section.
3. Main Reading Text: This section provides targeted practice exercises so that you can apply what you have learned in the previous section and develop the test-taking and language skills in focus. These exercises are very similar to real-test items in terms of question types and the level of difficulty. Major question types include:
• Multiple choice questions
• Short-answer questions
• Sentence completion
• Notes / flowchart / table completion
• Labelling a diagram/map
• Summary completion
• Matching lists / phrases
• Matching paragraph headings
• Identification of information – True/False/Not Given
• An integral workbook gives extra practice material as well as reinforces key points on language and test-taking skills.
• Keys to all textbook and workbook exercises are also included to help you check the answers and monitor your progress.
(If possible, readers should buy original copies at bookstores nationwide to support the author.)
[Book] Pdf: PDF