Chương Trình Bài tập trắc nghiệm môn Tiếng Anh lớp 12
- Unit 1: HOME LIFE
- Exercise 1: Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
- Exercise 2: Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
- Exercise 3: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
- Exercise 4: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau: One evening Dr. Peterson was at a party.
- Exercise 5: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi câu hỏi theo sau:
- Exercise 6: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi câu hỏi theo sau:
- Exercise 7: Hãy chọn từ có phần được gạch dưới có cách phát âm khác với các từ còn lại:
- Exercise 8: Hãy chọn một đáp án đúng nhất (A, B, C hoặc D) cho mỗi câu sau:
- Exercise 9: Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
- Exercise 10: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
- Unit 2: CULTURAL DIVERSITY
- I/ Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
- II. Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
- III. Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
- IV. Hãy chọn từ có phần được gạch dưới có cách phát âm khác với các từ còn lại:
- V.: Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
- VI. Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
- VII. Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
- Unit 3: WAYS OF SOCIALIZING
Unit 1: HOME LIFE
Exercise 1: Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
1. My mother works _______a nurse in a big hospital. She examines the patients.
2. She had to work on _______last night, so she is very tired this morning.
A. the roof
B. the table
C. the bed
D. night shift
3. My father is very busy with his work at the office. He usually comes home very _______at night.
C. on time
4. My mother _______very early in the morning to prepare our breakfast.
C. gets up
D. stays up
5. My mother is a _______woman. She does all the household chores to make us more comfortable.
6. In my free-time, I often help mom with _______the house.
A. to clean
7. I take responsibility to_______my little brothers because they are sometimes very naughty.
A. look after
B. get up
C. sit down
D. shut up
8. My responsibility is to wash dishes and _______the garbage.
A. take off
B. take out
C. take care of
D. take over
9. My brothers love joining my dad in _______things around the house at weekends.
C. to mend
10. Whenever problems come up, we discuss frankly and find _______quickly.
D. to solve
11. Mai is my closest friend. We are always willing to _______feelings to each other.
12. My family is the base from which we can go into the world with _______.
13. I like doing _______such as cooking, washing and cleaning the house.
B. white house
C. lord of house
D. household chores
14. My father is a _______He often does researches with animals and plants.
15. In my family, both my parents _______to give us a nice house and a happy home.
A. join hands
B. get out
C. shake hands
D. clutch hands
16. My brothers are often very_______to what I say. They are really lovable.
17. Unlike most men, my uncle likes _______very much. I like his eel soup very much.
A. having a shower
B. drinking beer
C. playing cards
18. My responsibility is to _______my little brothers.
A. take care of
B. join hands
C. take over
D. work together
19. Although my father is very busy, he tries _______much time taking care of his children.
A. to spend
C. to get up
D. getting up
20. My father is very helpful. He is always _______give a hand with cleaning the house.
A. will to
D. willing to
Exercise 2: Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
1. My brothers love joining my dad in to mend things around the house at weekends. A B C D
2. I am now in my attempt winning a place at the same university to my brother. A B C D
3. My mother works in a doctor in a big hospital. She examines the patients. A B C D
4. My responsibility is to wash dishes and take off the garbage. A B C D
5. In my free-time, I often help mom with cooking the house. A B C D
6. My father and my mom joins hands to give us safety, security and happy family. A B C D
7. Once a week, my mother have to work on a night shift at hospital. A B C D
8. His eel soup is the best one I have ever eat. A B C D
9.I’m now under study pressure, so I feel very fine all the time. A B C D
10. After hospital, my mother rushes to the market, then hurried home for the dinner. A B C D
Exercise 3: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
The United States has many different types of families. While most American families are traditional, (1)_______ a father, a mother and one or more children, 22 percent of all American families in 1998 were headed by one parent, usually a woman. In a few families in the United States, there are no children. These (2)
_______ couples may believe that they would not make good parents; they may want freedom from responsibilities of childbearing; or, perhaps they (3)_______ physically able to have children. Other families in the United States have one adult (4)_______ a stepparent. A stepmother or stepfather is a person who joins a family by marrying a father or a mother. Americans tolerate and accept these different types of families. In the United States people have right to privacy and Americans do not believe in telling other Americans what type of family group they must belong to. They respect each other’s choices regarding family groups. Families are very important (5)_______ Americans.
1. A. consist of B. consisting of C. consisting D. including of
2. A. childish B. childlike C. childless D. childhood
3. A. are not B. can’t C. couldn’t D. weren’t
4. A. who is B. is C. which is D. which has
5. A. for B. of C. in D. to
Exercise 4: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau: One evening Dr. Peterson was at a party.
A woman came up to him and began to talk about her back. “Its very painful (1)_______ I’ve worked for a long time in my garden”, the woman said. “You’ve hurt it by bending for too long”, Dr. Peterson replied. He than showed her
(2)_______ to do some exercises. However, (3)_______ the woman left he felt very angry. He went up to a friend of his who was a lawyer. He told him about (4)_______ the woman and asked him for his advice. “Do you think I (5)_______
to send her a bill?” he asked. The lawyer thought for a moment and nodded. “How much should I charge (6)_______
giving all that advice?” Dr. Peterson asked. “Change her your usual fee” they lawyer said. The next day Dr. Peterson sent the woman a bill. (7)_______ a few days later he was surprised (8)_______ letter from the lawyer. (9)_______ he opened the letter, he saw the following brief note: “Please find a bill for $50 for the advice (10)_______”.
1. A. because B. for C. by D. as soon as
2. A. what B. why C. when D. how
3. A. when B. because C. if D. for
4. A. meet B. meeting C. to meet D. he met
5. A. should B. had better C. ought D. must
6. A. by B. because of C. owing to D. for
7. A. However B. In addition C. Therefore D. Alternatively
8. A. by receiving B. to receive C. for receiving D. receive
9. A. Because B. When C. Until D. For
10. A. gave you B. What I gave you C. when I gave you D. I gave you
Exercise 5: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi câu hỏi theo sau:
Mrs. Sand was having a lot of trouble with her skin, so she went to her doctor about it. However the doctor could not find anything wrong with her, so he sent her to the local hospital for some tests. The hospital, of course, sent the results of the tests direct to Mrs. Sand’s doctor, and the next morning he telephoned her to give her a list of the things that he thought she should not eat, as any of them might be the cause of her skin trouble. Mrs. Sand carefully wrote all the things down on a piece of paper, which she then left beside the telephone while she went out to a ladies’ meeting. When she got back home a couple of hours later, she found her husband waiting for her. He had a big basket full of packages beside him, and when he saw her, he said, “Hello, sweetheart. I have done all your shopping for you. ” “Done all my shopping?” she asked in surprise. “But how did you know what I wanted?” “Well, when I got home I found your shopping list beside the telephone,” answered her husband, “so I went down to the shops and bought everything you had written down. ” Of course, Mrs. Sand had to tell him that he had bought all the things the doctor did not allow her to eat!
1. The story is mainly about ____________.
A. Mrs. Sand’s skin trouble B. Mrs. Sand’s husband’s care for her C. her husband’s carelessness D. her husband’s misunderstanding
2. Her doctor sent her to the local hospital because ____________.
A. she was not his patient B. the medical tests there would tell him exactly what her problem was C. the hospital would take good care of her thanks to the tests D. hers was a very serious case
3. The ladies’ meeting lasted ____________.
A. the whole morning B. exactly two hours C. less than two hours D. more than two hours
4. Perhaps when Mrs. Sand left for the meeting, her husband____________.
A. was working in the garden B. was in the bathroom C. was somewhere in the house D. was out at work
5. Mrs. Sand’s husband bought all the things on the list because ____________.
A. he wanted to help his wife with the shopping B. he wanted to buy what she was not allowed to eat C. he had nothing to do when he got home D. he himself liked them very much
Exercise 6: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi câu hỏi theo sau:
PARENTS’ DREAMS Parents often have dreams for their children’s future. They hope their children will have a better life than they had. They dream that their children will do things that they couldn’t do. Parents who come to the U.S from foreign countries hope their children will have better education here. They think their children will have more career choices and more successful lives. They make many sacrifices so that their children will have more opportunities. They think their children will remain close to them because of this. Some children understand and appreciate these sacrifices and remain close to their parents. However, other children feel ashamed that their parents are so different from other Americans.
1. Parents often dream of )_______.
A. their children’s making a lot of money in the future. B. one day seeing their children become famous people. C. one day living on their children’s money. D. a bright future for their children.
2. Parents who come home from U. S from foreign countries hope that _______.
A. their children will have a lot of careers. B. their children become successful directors. C. their children will have more opportunities for good education. D. their children will make a lot of sacrifices.
3. Parents think their children will remain close to them because_______.
A. they give their children a lot of money. B. of the sacrifices C. they know their children will be successful in the future. D. they are living in a foreign country.
4. The word career in line 4 is closest in meaning to _______.
A. education B. travel C. subject D. profession 5. The word close in line 5 is closest in meaning to _______. A. dear B. friendly C. helpful D. kind
Exercise 7: Hãy chọn từ có phần được gạch dưới có cách phát âm khác với các từ còn lại:
1. A. proofs B. books C. points D. days
2. A. helps B. laughs C. cooks D. finds
3. A. neighbors B. friends C. relatives D. photographs
4. A. snacks B. follows C. titles D. writers
5. A. streets B. phones C. books D. makes
6. A. cities B. satellites C. series D. workers
7. A. develops B. takes C. laughs D. volumes
8. A. phones B. streets C. books D. makes
9. A. proofs B. regions C. lifts D. rocks
10. A. involves B. believes C. suggests D. steals
11. A. remembers B. cooks C. walls D. pyramids
12. A. miles B. words C. accidents D. names
13. A. sports B. plays C. chores D. minds
14. A. nations B. speakers C. languages D. minds
15. A. proofs B. looks C. lends D. stops
16. A. dates B. bags C. photographs D. speaks
17. A. parents B. brothers C. weekends D. feelings
18. A. chores B. dishes C. houses D. coaches
19. A. works B. shops C. shifts D. plays
20. A. coughs B. sings C. stops D. sleeps
21. A. signs B. profits C. becomes D. survives
22. A. walks B. steps C. shuts D. plays
23. A. wishes B. practices C. introduces D. leaves
24. A. grasses B. stretches C. comprises D. potatoes
25. A. desks B. maps C. plants D. chairs
26. A. pens B. books C. phones D. tables
27. A. dips B. deserts C. books D. camels
28. A. miles B. attends C. drifts D. glows
29. A. mends B. develops C. values D. equals
30. A. repeats B. classmates C. amuses D. attacks
31. A. humans B. dreams C. concerts D. songs
32. A. manages B. laughs C. photographs D. makes
33. A. dishes B. oranges C. experiences D. chores
34. A. fills B. adds C. stirs D. lets
35. A. wants B. books C. stops D. sends
36. A. books B. dogs C. cats D. maps
37. A. biscuits B. magazines C. newspapers D.vegetables
38. A. knees B. peas C. trees D. niece
39. A. cups B. stamps C. books D. pens
40. A. houses B. faces C. hates D. places
Exercise 8: Hãy chọn một đáp án đúng nhất (A, B, C hoặc D) cho mỗi câu sau:
1. He has lived here since he ________here.
A. came B. has came C. comes D. come
2. John________ as a journalist since he ________ from university in 2000.
A. is working / graduate B. worked / graduated C. had worked / will be graduate D. has been working / graduated
3. He does not save as much money as he________ last year.
A. did B. does C. uses D. did used
4. She has not written to me________ we met last time.
A. before B. since C. ago D. meanwhile
5. The police ________ for the thieves at the moment.
A. have been looking B. will be looking C. are looking D. is looking
6. Put the raincoat on. It________.
A. had rained B. will be raining C. is raining D. has rained
7. Since motion pictures________ we have had a new kind of entertainment.
A. were invented B. have been invented C. will have been invented D. had been invented
8. There________ a lot of furniture in our uncle’s house now.
A. is being B. were C. are D. is
9. Mr. Jones sometimes________ on time for work.
A. does not get up B. won’t get up C. had not got up D. is not going to get up
10. He ________ for twenty years before he retired last year
A. had been teaching B. has taught C. was teaching D. has been teaching
11. He said that everything ________ all right
A. is B. would be C. will be D. can be
12. Each of you________ a share in the work
A. have B. having C. has D. going to have
13. How many times________ them so far?
A. have you seen B. did you see C. were you seeing D. had you seen
14. Please send our regards to Tom as soon as you________ in New York.
A. will arrive B. is going to arrive C. arrive D. arrived
15. By the time the ambulance approached, the man________.
A. would die B. had died C. died D. dies
16. We________ for going home when it began to rain
A. has prepared B. are preparing C. will be preparing D. were preparing
17. I haven’t seen him for months.
A. It’s months since I last saw him B. It’s months when I last saw him C. It’s months before I last saw him D. It’s months after I last saw him
18. Tim________ his hair while I ________ up the kitchen
A. washed-was cleaned B. was washing-was cleaning C. was washing-cleaned D. washed-cleaned
19. Working for 12 hours a day ________ her very tired.
A. makes B. made C. make D. making 20. I am so happy to hear from Mary because I haven’t seen her________ last year.
A. for B. on C. since D. later
21. As she ________ a letter last night, the lights suddenly ________out.
A. was writing/ went B. wrote/ went C. was writing/ was going D. writes/ went
22. How ________ since we________ school?
A. are you/ left B. will you be/ had left C. have you been/ had left D. have you been / left
23. I________ my uncle’s home many times when I ________ a child.
A. visited/ is B. visits/ was C. visited/ was D. visited/ were
24. It ________ me half an hour to get to the supermarket yesterday.
A. take B. takes C. took D. spent
25. If I were you, I ________ him as my nephew.
A. will treat B. would treat C. will have treated D. am treating
26. I can’t believe that my expensive bicycle ________ last night.
A. was stolen B. was stealing C. is stolen D. stole
27. I________ here for more than 10 years.
A. have taught B. taught C. teach D. is teaching
28. As I ________ my homework, he came yesterday afternoon.
A. did B. were doing C. am doing D. was doing
29. At this time yesterday, everyone ________. in the room.
A. is dancing B. was dancing C. dances D. danced
30. After Mary________ her degree, she intends to work in her father’s company.
A. will finish B. is finishing C. finishes D. will have finished
31. A small stone struck the windshield while we ________ down the road.
A. drive B. were driving C. had driven D. had been driving
32. Mr. Hân is going to the USA for his holiday. He ________ up for nearly a year now.
A. has saved B. is saving C. saves D. has been saving
33. The carpet ________.
A. hasn’t been cleaned yet. B. hasn’t cleaned yet. C. have yet been cleaned. D. has cleaned.
34. “Did you have a good time abroad?” – She asked me if ________.
A. I have a good time abroad. B. I had good time abroad. C. I had had a good time abroad. D. I have had a good time abroad.
35.________ this letter ________ last night?
A. Is/ written B. Is/ wrote C. Was/ written D. Were/ written
36. The houses where I used to live ________ very comfortable.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
37. After he ________ English course, he went to England to continue his study.
A. will finish B. has finished C. had finished D. have been finished
38. I wish I________ a trip to London last year.
A. had taken B. took C. will take D. take
39. He started living here three years ago.
A. He lived here three years ago. B. He has lived here for three years. C. He had been living here for three years. D. He had lived here three years ago.
40. Who ________ when I came?
A. were you talking to B. are you talking to C. you are talking to D. you were talking to
41. Please send us a post card as soon as you ________ in London.
A. will arrive B. is going to arrive C. arrive D. arrived
42. Now he ________ a book about English. I don’t think he will finish it.
A. writes B. wrote C. has written D. is writing
43. The foreign guest ________ here almost a week.
A. was B. are C. has been D. is
44. Look! The two boys ________ your window.
A. were painting B. painting C. are painting D. have painted
45. Before he ________ to bed, he ________ his homework.
A. went/ has done B. went/ had done C. goes/ have done D. goes/ did
46. He is the most wonderful person I ________.
A. have ever met B. had ever met C. ever meet D. am meeting
47. Millions of dollars ________ spent on advertising every year.
A. is B. was C. are D. were
48. I haven’t seen him for ages.
A. It’s ages since I last saw him. B. It’s ages when I last saw him. C. It’s ages before I last saw him. D. It’s ages after I last saw him.
49. He found a watch in the street, and then he ________ to return it to the loser.
A.had tried B. was trying C. tried D. had been trying
50. If he ________ for the revision session, he might have no difficulty doing the test right now.
A. had come B. came C. is to come D. had to come
51. I / finish / read / long novel / Arthur Hailey //
A. I finished to read a long novel of Arthur Hailey. B. I’ve just finished reading a long novel written by Arthur Hailey. C. I’ve finished reading the long Arthur Hailey’s novel. D. I finished the reading long novel with Arthur Hailey
52. throw / thousands / tons / rubbish / forest / year //
A. People throw some thousands tons of rubbish into the forest every year. B. People throw thousands of tons of rubbish into the forest every year. C. Throwing thousands of tons of rubbish is into the forest every year. D. People throwing thousands of tons of rubbishes into the forest every year.
53. The Magic Hat__________ at 12 A. m. every Saturday.
A. broadcast B. broadcasts C. is broadcasting D. broadcasted]
54. The whistle signaled the end of the first half. The match will continue after half-time and now AC Milan ___________ Juventus by goals to nil. A. led B. is leading C. has led D. leads
55. _________ any letters from him lately?
A. Do you receive B. Have you received C. Are you receiving D. Had you received
56. I _________ a meeting at the office at this time tomorrow, so you can phone me later in the evening.
A. have B. have had C. will have had D. will be having
57. The moon __________ around the earth.
A. has moved B. moves C. is moving D. will move
58. She said she __________that film years before.
A. saw B. has seen C. had seen D. would see
59. The film will end when you have finished dinner.
A. By the time you finish dinner, the film will have ended. B. By the time you have finished dinner, the film will end. C. You finish dinner, and then the film will end. D. By the time you finishing dinner, the film will have ended.
60. A new style of jeans ________ in the USA.
A. has just introduced B. were just introduced C. has just been introduced D. have just been introduced
61. She ________ before I came home
A. light B. is lighting C. had lit D. lights
62. We ________ out before 10 p. m last night.
A. go B. is going C. goes D. had gone
63. Lan ________ those flowers before 7 am last Monday.
A. grew B. had grown C. grow D. grows
64. The thief ________ into my house before I came home.
A. had broken B. breaks C. has broken D. break
65. He ________ in before I invited her.
A. come B. was coming C. had come D. came
66. She ________ married before she studied in university.
A. had got B. is getting C. has got D. got
67. I ________ decision before yesterday.
A. makes B. made C. has made D. had made
68. Lan ________before I slept the day before yesterday.
A. cooked B. was cooking C. had cooked D. cook
69. I ________ ill before I came here.
A. was B. had been C. have been D. were
70. He ________ before they came.
A. win B. was winning C. won D. had won
71. He ________ the truth before they forced him.
A. told B. is telling C. had told D. has told
72. He ________ my money before I hint it.
A. had stolen B. is stealing C. has stolen D. will steal
73. My father________ his work before lunch time.
A. finished B. had finished C. finish D. will finish
74. John ________ away before his parents punished him.
A. went B. is going C. has gone D. had gone
75. Yesterday If I ________ her, I would have helped her a lot.
A. had known B. is knowing C. has known D. knew
76. The party chairman only _______a statement after there _______ a lot of speculation in the press.
A. makes / had been B. made / had been C. had made / will be D. was making / was
77. Helen _______ hospital treatment for a year before the doctors finally _______her their diagnosis.
A. will receive / is telling B. had received / told C. receive / tell D. received / had told
78. Sharon eventually ________ the job she ________ last year, although she ________ the year before.
A. finds / wants/ graduates B. found / wanted/ had graduated C. found / wanted/ graduated D. finds / had wanted/ graduated
79. When the doctors________ at the scene of the accident, they ________ victims still ________.
A. arrived / realized / were breathing B. were arriving / realized / breathed C. arrived / had realized / breathed D. were arriving / were realizing / were breathing
80. I suddenly ________ the Tower Square. I ________ there ten years before.
A. recognized / was B. was recognizing / was C. recognized / had been D. had recognized / had
81. Nam ________ smoking two years ago.
A. stops B. has stopped C. stopped D. is stopping
82. They ________ in our country since January, 1st 2002.
A. are B. have been C. were D. had been
83. Lan: I work for a big company. → Lan said she________ for a big company.
A. had worked B. work C. worked D. is working
84. He started working as a teacher five years ago.
A. He has been working as a teacher for five years. B. He has worked as a teacher since five years. C. He is working as a teacher since five years. D. He had been working as a teacher for five years
85. After he ________ his English course, he went to England to continue his study.
A. has finished B. had finished C. was finished D. would finish
86. The Browns_______ here since 1990.
A. live B. are living C. have lived D. had lived
87. I wish I _______ all about this some weeks ago.
A. knew B. have known C. had known D. would know
88. He said that he _______ his bicycle the night before.
A. has lost B. loses C. had lost D. lost
89. As the sun _________ , I decided to go out.
A. shines B. has shine C. shine D. was shining
90. By the time the police arrive, the thieves________ the stolen things.
A. hide B. had hidden C. are hiding D. will have hidden
91. She came into the room while they _______ television
A. have watched B. watched C. have been watching D. were watching
92. The baby_________ non-stop for half an hour.
A. cried B. is crying C. has been crying D. was crying
93. Mr. Smith said he would come but he_________ yet.
A. did not come B. had not come C. does not come D. has not come
94. By the time we get out of this traffic jam, all the guests _______ home.
A. have gone B. had gone C. will go D. will have gone
95. All the guests _______ home by the time you come to the party.
A. have gone B. had gone C. will go D. will have gone
96. Sorry. I can’t go there with you now. I _________ my homework at present.
A. did B. do C. was doing D. am doing
97. She always _________ dates on the holidays.
A. have B. had C. has had D. has
98. Last year, they _________ to Europe with their best friends on their summer holidays.
A. visited B. traveled C. will travel D. are visiting
99. What are you going to do this weekend?- We _______ visit our grandfather in the countryside.
A. are going to B. were going to C. have gone to D. went
100. Our Singaporean friends_______________ to visit our school last year.
A. is coming B. come C. came D. have come
Exercise 9: Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
1. I had ran before you called me. A B C D 2. I had hidden your wallet before you find it yesterday. A B C
D 3. Mary had dug before you plant trees yesterday afternoon. A B C D 4. I had have wonderful love before you appeared in my life. A B C D 5. I had burnt my body before they say good bye to me. A B C D 6. My aunt work in London before she had moved to Norwich. A B C D 7. The Norwegians planted their flag at the summit just before the British team arrived. A B C D 8. By the time I come, they had finished watching film. A B C D 9. I felt as if I betrayed a confidence. A B C D 10. Yesterday I wished I have money. A B C D 11. I thought as though he hasn’t eaten anything. A B C D 12. Lan wished she had pass the exanimation. A B C D 13. After he come home, he continued going. A B C D 14. I doubted as if she leave home. A B C D 15. She had be ill before I came. A B C D 16. After they had gone, I sit down and rested. A B C D 17. Before she watched TV, she did her homework. A B C D 18. When we came to the stadium, the match has already begun. A B C D 19. She said that she had already see Derrick. A B C D 20. They told me they hadn’t ate such kind of food before. 9
10. A B C D 21. Lan said to me that she has met her boyfriend. A B C D 22. I has come home before you had accident last night. A B C D 23. He told that he had met a ghost the day before yesterday. A B C D 24. Lan has lived in Ho Chi Minh City for 1999. A B C D 25. The president went fishing after he has finished his work. A B C D
Exercise 10: Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
MY HOBBY I (1)_________ learning the guitar when I (2)_________ ten years old. My first guitar was a present from my uncle. It was very old and needed repairing, but I loved it and used to play it until my fingers hurt. On my twelfth birthday, my father (3)_________ me a new brand one, and I (4)_________ going on with private guitar lessons. My teacher teaches classical guitar, which I like, but I really want to play rock music. Sometimes I (5)_________ an electric guitar. It is very loud and my mother always (6)_________ it. Unfortunately it is not mine, it is my friend’s. My ambition (7)_________ to play in a rock band and make records; I would like to travel around the world, playing in different countries. My friend is a good singer, so we are going to form a band together. All we need to do is finding a drummer and a bass player. I
(8)_________ some songs in the future. And then, we (9)_________ in my bedroom. I’m sure my mother
1. A. started B. start C. has started D. had started
2. A. am B. was C. will be D. had been
3. A. buys B. had bought C. bought D. will buy
4. A. will start B. start C. has started D. started
5. A. am playing B. play C. has played D. had played
6. A. hates B. hate C. will hate D. hated
7. A. is being B. was C. is D. had been
8. A. write B. will write C. has written D. had written
9. A. has practised B. practised C. practise D. will practise
10. A. won’t mind B. doesn’t mind C. aren’t minding D. hadn’t minded
Unit 2: CULTURAL DIVERSITY
I/ Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
1. Thanks to his parents’ _________, he tried his best to win a place at a university.
A. approve B. approval C. disagreement D. rejection
2. People from different cultures have _________ ideas about love and marriage.
A. different B. the same C. unique D. solid
3. Americans believe in _________ marriage whereas the Asians have to suffer _________ one.
A. the Chinese / Italian B. Roman / the Great Wall C. romantic / contractual D. contractual / romantic
4. By nature, boys and girls _________ to each other.
A. have attracted B. attracted C. attract D. are attracted
5. Once, an Asian couple’s marriage _________ by the parents of the bride and the groom.
A. was arranged B. is arranged C. appeared D. were appeared
6. People from different cultures have different_________ of love and _________.
A. ideas / marry B. thoughts / marriage C. speech / divorce D. story / wedding
7. Few Asians agree that wives and husbands should share all_________.
A. quarrels B. thought C. thoughts D. arguments
8. A survey was conducted to determine students’ _________ toward their purposes of studying.
A. counterparts B. appearances C. marriages D. attitudes
9. A large amount of Indian men agree that it’s unwise_________ in their wives.
A. to confide B. to interest C. confiding D. interesting
10. Many Indian students agree that a woman has to _________ more in a marriage than a man.
A. suicide B. sacrifice C. die D. be dead
11. The American wife trusts her husband to do the right things because he _________ her.
A. dislikes B. detests C. loves D. hates
12. Many Americans pay much attention to physical _________ when choosing a wife or a husband.
A. attraction B. spirits C. interests D. attractiveness
13. Romeo and Juliet decided to _________ although their parents had hated each other.
A. fall into the river B. fall in love C. climbed up the tree D. take a bath
14. _________, a husband should share certain thoughts to his wife only.
A. In my opinion B. To all people C. My hobbies D. Agreement
15. In America, it is _________ to ask questions about age, marriage and income.
A. polite B. impolite C. enthusiastic D. excited
16. In Vietnam, _________ that all old-aged parents live in nursing home.
A. it’s true B. it’s untrue C. that’s right D. it’s quite
17. Christmas and New Year holidays are the _________ occasions to most Americans.
A. sadder B. unhappy C. more importance D. most important
18. In Vietnam, two or more _________ may live in a home.
A. generations B. generous C. generation D. generators
19. In _________, a man and a woman may hold hands and kiss each other in the public.
A. Vietnam B. Cambodia C. China D. America
20. In Vietnam, the bride and the groom often wear_________costumes on their wedding day.
A. traditional B. plastic C. paper- D. leaf-
21. In a contractual marriage, love is supposed to _________ marriage.
A. precede B. hate C. follow D. fore-see
22. Someone says that a happy_________ should be based on love.
A. marriage B. merry C. marry D. marital
23. Mỵ Châu and Trọng Thủy_________ in love with each other after they got married.
A. fall B. fell C. climbed D. flew 24. I haven’t seen such
a_________ scene on any other films at all. I like it very much.
A. imitate B. rat C. fake D. romantic 25. That actress is
really _________. Everybody likes all films with her acting contributions.
A. bad B. ugly C. shameless D. attractive
26. That couple decided _________ after their three-year living in a happy marriage. Everything ended.
A. to get married B. going out together C. to divorce D. having a child
27. Someone believes that happiness is based on_________, love, good health and people’s approvals.
A. money B. sadness C. sorrow D. death
28. Loving his country, he was willing to_________ his blood and fate. Fortunately, he is still alive.
A. live B. hide C. sacrifice D. die
29. That child is too rude. His _________ is very bad when talking to his parents and teachers.
A. request B. obedience C. good temper D. attitude
30. They agree that it is unwise to confide _________ their wives.
A. at B. in C. for D. with
II. Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
1. A survey was made to determining their attitudes toward love and marriage. A B C D 2. An Asian husband is oblige to tell his wife where he has been. A B C D 3. In Vietnam, two or more generators may live in a home. A B C D 4. What are the Indian students’ attitudes on a partner of equal. A B C D 5. Love is supposed to follow marry, not precede it. A B C D 6. Americans and Asians have the same ideas about love and marriage. A B C D 7. Young Americans are much more romantic as their Asian counterparts. A B C D 8. A romantic marriage is the one that the parents of the bride and the groom decide on the A B C D marriage. 9. American husbands encourage their wives to maintain their beauty and appearant after A B C D marriage. 10. To show the different, a survey was made to determine their attitudes on love and marriage. A B C D 11. Asian students don’t agree that a husband should share all thought to his wife. A B C D 12. The Asian wife can demand a records of her husband’s activities. A B C D 13. When choosing a wife, we should pay attention to physical attractive from the girl. A B C D 14. A large number of Indian men agree that it is unwise to confident in their wives. A B C D 15. Many people believe that a woman has to sacrificed much more in the marriage than a man. A B C D 16. According to me, a husband shouldn’t permit his wife to work in public. A B C D 17. I think it a good idea to have three or four generations live under one roof. They can help a lot. A B C D 18. In America, it is impolite asking questions about age, marital status and income. A B C D 19. In Vietnam, old-aged parents must to live in nursing home. A B C D 20. There are differences and similar between Vietnamese and American cultures. A B C D
III. Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
WEDDING IN VIETNAM Tourist: Can you tell me something about (1)_________ ceremonies in Vietnam? Tourist guide: Well, wedding is very important to the Vietnamese, (2)_________ to the couple involved, but also for both families. Tourist: What does the groom’s family usually do on the wedding day? Tourist guide: On the wedding day, the groom’s family and relatives go to the bride’s house bringing gifts wrapped in red paper. The people who hold the trays of the gifts are also (3)_________ chosen. Tourist: Do you have someone in charge of the ceremony? And what does he do during the wedding ceremony? Tourist guide: Yes, we have a (4) _________ who introduces the groom, the bride, the parents, the relatives and the guests of the two families. The wedding ceremony starts in front of the altar. The bride and the groom would pray, asking their ancestors’ permission (5)_________ married. The Master of Ceremonies gives the wedding couple advice on starting new family. The groom and the bride (6) _________ their wedding rings. Tourist: Where is the wedding banquet held? Tourist guide: Well, it depends. Often the wedding banquet is held at the groom and the bride’s (7) _________ or at a hotel or at a restaurant and all close relatives, friends and neighbours are invited. Tourist: What kind of food and drinks are served? Tourist guide: (8) _________ food and beer or wine are served. During the reception, the groom, the bride and their parents (9) _________ each table to thank their guests. The guests in turn, will give red envelops containing wedding cards and money to the newly wedded couples along with their blessing. Tourist:
Oh, that’s very interesting. Thank you very much. Tourist guide: (10)____________
1. A. wedding B. marrying C. marriage D. getting married
2. A. both B. not only C. neither D. either
3. A. careful B. careless C. carefully D. carelessly
4. A. Master of Martial Arts B. Minister of Education C. Minister of Industry D. Master of Ceremonies
5. A. to get B. to give C. getting D. giving
6. A. give B. change C. exchange D. bring
7. A. dress B. home C. jacket D. boots
8. A. Traditional B. Transition C. Modern D. Monitor
9. A. stay up B. kneel down C. stand still D. stop by
10. A. It’s up to you! B. Money instead! C. You’re welcome! D. Never mind!
IV. Hãy chọn từ có phần được gạch dưới có cách phát âm khác với các từ còn lại:
1. A. failed B. reached C. absorbed D. solved
2. A. invited B. attended C. celebrated D. displayed
3. A. removed B. washed C. hoped D. missed
4. A. looked B. laughed C. moved D. stepped
5. A. wanted B. parked C. stopped D. watched
6. A. laughed B. passed C. suggested D. placed
7. A. believed B. prepared C. involved D. liked
8. A. lifted B. lasted C. happened D. decided
9. A. collected B. changed C. formed D. viewed
10. A. walked B. entertained C. reached D. looked
11. A. watched B. stopped C. pushed D. improved
12. A. admired B. looked C. missed D. hoped
13. A. proved B. changed C. pointed D. played
14. A. helped B. laughed C. cooked D. intended
15. A. smoked B. followed C. titled D. implied
16. A. coughed B. phoned C. booked D. stopped
17. A. talked B. looked C. naked D. worked
18. A. developed B. ignored C. laughed D. washed
19. A. phoned B. stated C. mended D. old-aged
20. A. clapped B. attracted C. lifted D. needed
21. A. involved B. believed C. praised D. locked
22. A. remembered B. cooked C. closed D. cleaned
23. A. smiled B. regarded C. suggested D. naked
24. A. reversed B. choked C. played D. sentenced
25. A. minded B. hated C. exchanged D. old-aged
26. A. proved B. looked C. stopped D. coughed
27. A. dated B. changed C. struggled D. agreed
28. A. scaled B. stared C. phoned D. hundred
29. A. behaved B. washed C. clicked D. approached
30. A. worked B. shopped C. missed D. displayed
31. A. coughed B. cooked C. melted D. mixed
32. A. signed B. profited C. attracted D. naked
33. A. walked B. hundred C. fixed D. coughed
34. A. watched B. practiced C. introduced D. cleaned
35. A. passed B. stretched C. comprised D. washed
36. A. tested B. clapped C. planted D. demanded
37. A. intended B. engaged C. phoned D. enabled
38. A. married B. sniffed C. booked D. coughed
39. A. smiled B. denied C. divorced D. agreed
40. A. planned B. developed C. valued D. recognized
41. A. approved B. answered C. passed D. uttered
42. A. doubted B. wedded C. connected D. passed
43. A. managed B. laughed C. captured D. signed
44. A. washed B. exchanged C. experienced D. mixed
45. A. filled B. added C. started D. intended
46. A. wanted B. booked C. stopped
D. laughed 47. A. booked B. watched C. jogged D. developed
48. A. kneeled B. bowed C. implied D. compressed
49. A. bottled B. explained C. trapped D. betrayed
50. A. laughed B. stamped C. booked D. contented
V.: Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
1. We _________ English now.
A. are learning B. learnt C. have learnt D. were learning
2. Mai: What are you doing, Nam? – Nam: I _________ to music.
A. listen B. listened C. am listening D. have listened
3. Listen! Mary _________ in the garden.
A. sings B. is singing C. sang D. has sung
4. I usually _________ to the radio at night.
A. will listen B. listened C. am listening D. listen
5. It always _________ in this region in November.
A. rains B. rained C. is raining D. has rained
6. Nowadays, most children _________ cartoon films and games.
A. likes B. like C. is liking D. have liked
7. Where is Mary? – She _________ for the dinner in the kitchen at the present.
A. prepares B. prepared C. is preparing D. has prepared
8. I _________ my motor’s rear mirror recently.
A. break B. broke C. am breaking D. have broken
9. Jo hn _________
back from London. A. just comes B. will iust come C. is ever coming D. has just come
10. Tân: _________ to Đà Lạt, Peter? – Peter: No, I haven’t.
A. Have you ever been B. Do you ever be C. Are you ever D. Were you
11. When you_________ from the market yesterday, I _________ at home waiting for you already.
A. came / am B. were coming / was C. came / had been D. will be / am
12. She _________ on the computer at 4:00p. m yesterday.
A. is working B. was working C. worked D. had worked
13. By the time he _________ to London next month, he _________ English for three years.
A. moves / leant B. is moving / learns C. moved / learns D. moves / will have learnt
14. Water_________ of hydrogen and oxygen.
A. consists B. consist C. is consisting D. has consisted
15. Don’t give the chocolate to Helen. She _________ it very much.
A. hated B. hates C. is hating D. has hated
16. The Sun _________ us heat and light.
A. gives B. gave C. have given D. will give
17. We _________ students, so we _________ to school on weekdays.
A. are / often goes B. were / often go C. are / often go D. has been / often went
18. Every day, Peter_________ up at 7 o’clock, _________ breakfast, and then _________ to work at 7:30A. m.
A. got / had / are going B. gets / has / has gone C. got / had / went D. gets / has / goes
19. California _________ in the United Kingdom. It_________ in the United States of America.
A. was not / was B. is not / is C. has not been / is D. is not / is being
20. Cats _________ milk, but birds _________.
A. like / don’t like B. liked / hasn’t liked C. likes / doesn’t like D. will like / don’t like
21. Every day, Sarah _________ her children to school and then _________ home to prepare lunch.
A. takes/ will return B. has taken / returns C. takes / returns D. take / has returned
22. The Sun _________ the ball of fire in the sky that the Earth _________ round.
A. is / goes B. is / is going C. was / was going D. was / went
23. Sally _________really hard for her final exam this week. A. took B. had taken C. would take D. is taking 24. Many people _________living in the Seattle because it _________ continually.
A. hate / often rained B. hate / often rains C. hated / rains often D. hated / often rained
25. The Sun _________ in the East and _________ in the West.
A. rise / set B. rose / set C. rises / sets D. will rise / will set
26. _________ on the computer now?
A. Has Peter worked B. Is Peter working C. Does Peter work D. Was Peter working
27. Listen! Mr. John _________ the piano. You _________ so much noise.
A. plays / should not make B. is playing / should not make C. was playing / do not make D. has played / don’t make
28. Rightnow, Long _________ with his friends. They _________ the differences between British English and American English.
A. has been sitting / has been discussing B. was sitting / were discussing C. has sat / have discussed D. is sitting / are discussing
29. Thành: _________ free this afternoon? Hằng: No, I _________. Thanh: What _________?
Hằng: I _________ my doctor.
A: Will you be / will not / have you done / have seen B: Have you been / have not / will
you do / will see C: Are you / ’m not / do you do / see D: Are you / ’m not / are you doing / am seeing
30. Listen! Someone _________ at the door. I _________ it.
A. is knocking / will open B. are knocking / will open C. knocks / open D. have knocked / open
31. Every day, John _________ rice and vegetables for lunch, but today he_________ chicken soup and roasted beef. Today is his brother’s wedding.
A. have / is having B. will have / will have C. has / is having D. had / had
32. It _________, so we can’t go to the beach at the moment.
A. rains B. will rain C. is raining D. rained
33. My father _________ complete silence when he _________.
A. wants / is working B. wanted / worked C. wanted / works D. will want / worked
34. Since 2003 they _________ their son every year.
A. were visiting B. visit C. visited D. have visited
35. Usually, Mr. Pike_________ us Physics but today he _________ ill, so Mrs. Young teaches us.
A. will teaches / is B. taught / was C. teaches / is D. has taught / has been
36. I’m sorry I can’t hear what you _________ because everybody _________ so loudly now.
A. have been saying / talks B. are saying / is talking C. will say / has been talk D. said / were talking
37. I _________ the same car for more than ten years. I_________ about buying a new one.
A. have had / am thinking B. had had / was thinking C. have / will have thought D. had / would think
38. My best friends and I _________ each other for over fifteen years. We still _________ together once a week.
A. knew / got B. will know / will get C. have known / get D. knows /are getting
39. The secretary_________ on the report for more than three hours. She hopes she may finish it by the lunch time.
A. works B. has worked C. worked D. will work
40. Please turn off the stove. The water _________ for more than fifteen minutes.
A. boils B. is boiling C. has been boiling D. will boil
41. In the nineteenth century, it _________ two or three months to cross North America by covered wagon. The trip _________ very rough and often dangerous.
A. took / was B. had taken / had been C. takes / is D. will take / will be
42. My grandfather _________ a very exciting life. When he was young, he _________ on the farm in the countryside where there _________ a lot of cattle and meadows.
A. has / lived / were B. has / lives / is C. had / lived / were D. will have / lives / are
43. Spring _________ Winter.
A. is following B. follows C. will follow D. has followed
44. The nurse _________ her parents every day.
A. visited B. is visiting C. has visited D. visits
45. The meeting _________ at 7:30A. m tomorrow.
A. was beginning B. began C. will be beginning D. has begun
46. They _________ tomorrow at 12:30p. m.
A. leave B. left C. has left D. are leaving
47. Someone_________ at the door. Can you answer it?
A. is knocking B. knocks C. knocked D. has knocked
48. John _________at the moment, so he can’t answer the telephone.
A. has worked B. is working C. works D. will work
49. The river_________ strongly after last night’s rain.
A. flowed B. flows C. is now flowing D. will flow
50. He _________ for Chelsea this season.
A. would play B. is playing C. played D. has played
VI. Hãy xác định một câu có phần gạch dưới cần được sửa lại cho đúng:
1. She will study English at RMIT these days. A B C D 2. She’s at her best when she will make such a big decision. 16
17. A B C D 3. We were spending our next vacation in London next week. A B C D 4. Robert has arrived at our place tomorrow morning on the 10:30 train. A B C D 5. Look! The seabirds glide on the sea surface which makes a beautiful sunset. A B C D 6. Mike has phoned you more than one hour ago. A B C D 7. Michael hasn’t said a word with Lisa this morning. A B C D 8. Old Ted has smoked twenty cigarettes a day till he gave up. A B C D 9. At 7:00p. m last night Stephen was talking on the phone with his friend when I come in. A B C D 10. Rachel and Karen had watched TV at 8:30p. m last night. A B C D 11. While I was working in the garden yesterday afternoon, my son is playing video games. A B C D 12. When he worked here last year, Simon has never made any mistakes. A B C D 13. I painted four chairs and a table so far this morning. A B C D 14. Frank didn’t live at home with his family since he was a child. A B
C D 15. Mai had been living in HCM City for five years now. A B C D 16. She reads the book “Alexander the Great”. It’s very interesting. A B C D 17. Paulo has learnt English for five years ago. A B C D 18. My little sister watches “Sleeping Beauty” several times. A B C D 19. That victim has died before the doctors arrived at the place there was an accident. A B C D 20. We cleaned the room as soon as the guests have left for another place. A B C D 21. The secretary didn’t finish her reports by 10:00A. m yesterday. A B C D 22. Jane’s eyes are red now. She is crying for more than half an hour now. A B C D 23. This room is very dirty. Is there anyone who has smoke in here? A B C D 24. Hurry! The train had come. I don’t want to miss it any more. A B C D 25. Angelina Jolie is a famous actress. She is appearing in several films. A B C D 26. I saw Maggie at the party. She has worn a very beautiful dress. A B C D 27. Monica will stay with her sister at the moment until she finds a flat. A B C D 28. There’s a strange smell in here. Mother was cooking something in the kitchen. A B C D 29. Michael, is it true that you have got married next week? A B C D 17
18. 30. Alan took a photograph of Sarah while she stared at the vast river. A B C D
VII. Hãy đọc đoạn văn và chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất cho mỗi chỗ trống tương ứng sau:
I have been traveling to different parts of my country, and I (1)_________ a lot about interesting lifestyles and customs. Once, I (2) _________ to the Northwestern places of the country. In many ethnic villages I (3) _________ to, I was impressed by some of their beautiful traditional customs. For instance, most of the villagers (4)_________ in extended families, and they held a close relationship among family members. In addition, young people always (5)_________ their respect for their ancestors and for their elderly people. People (6) _________ also willing to give a hand when someone was in need. Members of the family helped one another with household chores as well as with farm work. While men (7) _________ on the fields, women (8)_________ the household chores. While we were staying there, the villagers always (9) _________ us a helping hand and invited us to have dinner with their families on special occasions. In short, I highly (10) _________ the close ties in human relationship shown in the villagers’ ways of living.
1. A. learn B. have learnt C. am learning D. will learn
2. A. had gone B. have gone C. go D. went
3. A. went B. will go C. am going D. had gone
4. A. have lived B. live C. lived D. were living
5. A. showed B. will show C. have shown D. are showing
6. A. are B. were C. have been D. will be
7. A. have worked B. will work C. worked D. were working
8. A. are doing B. did C. were doing D. had done
9. A. gave B. give C. will give D. had given
10. A. value B. will value C. valued D. am valuing
Unit 3: WAYS OF SOCIALIZING
I: Hãy chọn một câu trả lời đúng nhất:
1. There are many ways _________someone’s attention.
A. to attract B. to sell C. to lend D. to buy
2. We can use _________ and _________ forms of communication to attract one’s attention.
A. silence / noise B. verbal / non-verbal C. verb / adverb D. gentle / impolite
3. Probably the most common ways of attracting someone’s attention is by _________.
A. dancing B. singing C. yelling D. waving
4. We might raise our hand and wave to our friend as a _________ that we see her or him.
A. signature B. sign C. signal D. sigh
5. When you see your brother _________ the plane, you may _________ to call his name.
A. look at / throw a stone to him B. pass by / whistle and clap your hands C. get off / claps your hands D. get off / jump up and down
6. There are some social _________ where smaller, non-verbal signals are more appropriate.
A. situations B. signatures C. attractions D. documents
7. When you approve someone’s opinion, you can stare at him or her and_________ slightly.
A. kneel B. nod C. shake you head D. sigh
8. In a restaurant, we can raise our hand to show the waiter that we need his _________.
A. fame B. sponsor C. assistance D. donation
9. You shouldn’t _________ or clap your hands to get the person’s attention in a restaurant.
A. whistle B. smile C. nod slightly D. keep silent
10. Whistling and _________ in a restaurant is considered to be impolite and even rude.
A. talking B. clapping hands C. smiling D. sighing
11. You shouldn’t _________ the person or thing you want your friend to look at.
A. take notice of B. mention to C. look at D. point at
12. In most situations, pointing at someone is usually considered to be_________.
A. polite B. impolite C. gentle D. dish
13. Your opinion is reasonable, so it is _________.
A. acceptable B. suffered C. denied D. refused
14. In some special social situations, pointing at someone is completely_________.
A. lovely B. acceptable C. gentle D. formal
15. _________, a teacher may point to student so as to get his or her attention.
A. Forgive B. Forever C. For instance D. For the sack of
16. In some social situations, _________ is allowed to friends.
A. fighting seriously B. rudeness C. accurate D. informality
17. To attract the waiter’s attention, wait until you _________ and raise you hand slightly.
A. catch his eye B. can attract him C. pay attention to him D. take advantage of him
18. Raising hand and waving are of the _________ form of communication.
A. uncountable B. countable C. non-verbal D. verbal
19. Mary looks very attractive in her _________ clothes.
A. terrible B. old fashioned C. fashionable D. out-dated
20. Politeness is very necessary in a common social _________.
A. community B. communication C. compassionate D. competition
21. Phil: You really have a beautiful dress, Maggie! Maggie: Thanks Phil. That’s a nice _________.
A. complexion B. comfortable C. compliment D. completion
22. Peter: Your hairstyle is really _________, Mary! Mary: I’m glad you like it, Peter. Thanks so much.
A. terrific B. terrible C. horrified D. terrorist
23. Your dress is really beautiful, Cindy! You look very _________ in it.
A. awesome B. ugly C. naughty D. decent
24. Nam: You really have a beautiful hairstyle now, Hưng! Hưng:_________! You’ve pushed me into the blush.
A. It isn’t your work B. You must be kidding C. Yes, of course D. Nice to meet you
25. I think I’ve finally found a style that looks decent and easy _________.
A. fighting B. to fight C. to handle D. handling
26. Minh: I think you’ve played very splendidly in the match, Nam! Nam: Thank you. That’s a nice compliment. I wish I could do _________ you. I’m still terrible.
A. half as well as B. double as well as C. as badly as D. far worse than
27. Giang: You’re really an excellent student, Hồng. Hồng: _________. I’m still very bad. I think I have to try my best to keep pace with you, Giang.
A. Certainly B. You must be kidding C. Sure D. You’re welcome
28. Long: I didn’t know you could play badminton so well, Trâm. Trâm: Thank you, Long. _________. I wish I could play half as well as you, Long.
A. That’s a nice compliment B. That is not your fault C. You’re welcome D. I certainly play very excellent
29. Hạnh: I don’t know what tailor’s that can make such a beautiful dress for you, Hiền! Hiền:_________, Hạnh. I’ve finally found a style that suits me so much.
A. Never mind B. Go to the canteen with me C. I’m glad you like it D. Nice to see you
30. Thành: I really enjoy your public speaking skills, Nga. Your English is really good, too. Nga: _________, Thành. Thank you very much for your sincere compliment. You made me try much harder.
A. It’s very kind of you to say so B. That’s not your work C. I’m certainly very famous for those things D. Yes, of course. It’s me!
31. “Would you care for a drink?” can be transformed as _________.
A. How about a drink? B. Have a nice drink! C. What about have a drink? D. Would you stop drinking?.
32. “Why don’t we stay at home?” can be transformed as _________.
A. I suggest not staying at home B. I suggest that we should not stay at home C. I suggest staying at home D. I suggest to stay at home
33. “Would you please give me a hand?” can be transformed as_________.
A. Would you mind giving a hand? B. Can I help you? C. Would you mind helping me? D. A and C are
34. A(n) _________ length of time is the main problem for our trip.
A. reasonable B. reason C. excellent D. old fashioned
35. Good children should be _________ to the elderly.
A. naughty B. obedient C. impolite D. rude
36. To attract the guests’ attentions at the party, a polite MC on first appearance may say_________.
A. Good night every body! B. Good evening my slaves C. Ladies and gentlemen! D. Hey, everybody! Shut up now!
37. When two strange people are first introduced to each other, they often say “_________”.
A. Nice to meet you! B. Shut up! C. You’re welcome! D. Never mind!
38. At their first meeting, two people may say the same sentence like “_________” and then shake hands when making acquaintance to each other.
A. Pardon me? B. I hate you so much! C. I don’t know you! D.
How do you do?
39. When two friends meet after a long time apart from each other, they often say “_________”.
A. How old are you? B. Long time no see! C. It’s odd to see you! D. Shut up!
40. To show your care for another person’s health, you may ask “_________” to him or her.
A. How do you do? B. How old are you? C. How are you? D. Nice to see you!
41. Jane: “Wow! You look great with your new hair. ” – Jack: _________.
A. You’re welcome C.Congratulation! B. It’s a pleasure D. Thanks. It’s nice of you to say so
Download về máy: PDF